About HiK9 Raised Beds
Many of us seem to have an idea of what a dog bed should look like – usually it is soft, padded and is placed directly onto the floor.The Original Hi-K9 beds are a little different from conventional beds and in our opinion it is this that makes dogs love them. Pet owners love them too as they are so easy to clean, deter infestations and don’t get the smells we associate with dogs and their beds.
A fabric top suspended over a metal frame, the raised bed creates a very comfortable place for your dog to sleep, stretch and spend hours contemplating life! Unrestricted by sides your dog can choose to nest and curl up or stretch right out. Covers are replaceable and available in two different fabrics: a breathable mesh for dogs that get wet, dirty or overheat, or a solid fabric that is smoother to the touch and prevents draughts. To clean, machine wash, jet wash, disinfect or wipe down - it couldn’t be simpler.
The cover moulds to your dog’s body ensuring there are no pressure points that can develop into unsightly and uncomfortable sores. No heat is conducted from your dog’s body ensuring it is kept warm and comfortable with no condensation gathering underneath the bed creating smells, mildew and damp bedding. It is these features that make these beds especially good for dogs with arthritis and joint problems. The mesh cover is also perfect for dogs who are suffering with skin allergies as the bed can be cleaned with ease; it also allows air to circulate and any debris to drop through the open weave.
All beds are fully collapsible and come in their own bag so are great not only at home but when travelling, holidaying or during times when your dog may need to be kenneled. The metal frame is zinc-plated for long-term protection then powder coated for improved appearance and enhanced protection meaning it can be left outdoors if required. It comes as standard with black rubber feet and will not harm your carpets or solid floors.
There are also a range of accessories to complement your bed: machine washable merino sheepskins, fleece blankets & pads, vetbed sleeves, leg extensions to convert our beds into bunk beds as well as replacement covers and feet for the beds.
*Voted best bed for working dogs by The Sporting Gun 2010
- Keeps dog off cold floors & out of draughts.
- Cool in summer, warm in winter.
- Great when dog moulting as hair easily brushed off cover.
- Hygienic for both dog and owner, fabric resists the smells associated with dogs.
- Allows dogs that have become wet, dirty or tired following exercise to benefit from the air flow if using the mesh cover, this prevents the dog from sitting in wet bedding which in turn creates condensation, damp, mould, smells and is generally uncomfortable for dogs.
- Parasites & Insects breed in dark corners, often where floor meets skirting boards, dogs in conventional style bedding are at greater risk from infection as parasites easily transfer to bed where they breed. Also, the folds & creases in the bedding harbour disease and encourage infestation. The fabric used for our bed is naturally resistant to infestations as parasites cannot penetrate the fabric.
- Easier for dogs to climb onto, especially older dogs that may be experiencing hip dysplasia.
- Offers comfort & support for dogs, fabric moulds to body so gives great support without a hard board or surface.
- Replacement covers available in a wide range of colours and styles enabling customers to change the look and use of their bed if required.