An air freshener candle left to its own devices on a kitchen worktop can be a fairly innocuous object unless Dexter is around of course. Animals aren't supposed to like fire are they?
The owner entered the kitchen to a pleasant smell only to notice patches of white around the candle with the realisation that this was wax and not soap from the washing up as initially thought. A quick look on the floor revealed paw prints.......in wax! Dexter was located and was his usual self except the evidence was there for all to see, clumps of wax on his face and chest and in between the pads on his paws!
Now you could say he would learn from this and maybe leave the hot flame alone but if we backtrack several months poor Dexter's owner was met with a rather obnoxious smell in the house. Yes a candle had been lit and again upon locating Dexter discovered that he had had rather an unfortunate encounter with a naked flame culminating in frazzled and singed whiskas the smell of which stayed in the house for rather a long time!
The owner has now learnt that an unattended candle and Dexter should be avoided at all cost.