Thirsty Milo Care Instructions
Thanks for trusting Thirsty Milo - Travel & Portable Dog Water Bowls to help keep your best friend happy, healthy and hydrated.
We want your bowl to last for as long as you need it, and by following these simple steps you should be able to keep it clean, working right and looking good. if you have any more questions that aren't covered, please get in touch at info.puddypooch.co.uk.
- To avoid any damage to electronics, other items or materials that may be adversely affected by water, you should never store your Thirsty Milo with any of these items in the unlikely event of incorrect closure, seal damage or seal failure.
First Use and General Cleaning Instructions.
- Wash your Thirsty Milo before first use, using this method.
- Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to avoid unnecessary abrasion which can harbour disease, dirt and bacteria.
- You could consider using a soft bottle cleaning brush to reach the inside of the handle area.
- Rinse out thoroughly with fresh clean water ensuring no detergent is left inside.
- To get the water out we found it best to turn the bowl upside down (with the cap unscrewed and removed) and shake up and down and around to remove the excess water.
- Wipe inside with a soft, clean, dry cloth and either use straight away or leave to air dry with the cap off.
- You can put the bowl and cap in the dishwasher (on the top shelf). Just make sure all the detergent is thoroughly rinsed out.
- One of the most important ways to care for your Thirsty Milo, and keep your dog healthy, is to clean it after every use by the method above.
- Ensure no moisture is left inside after use and cleaning which can create an environment in which mould and bacteria can grow.
Mould and discolouration.
Should you not have the time or maybe forget to clean out your Thirsty Milo after each use you could at some point notice some mould or discolouration. Discolouration could also appear if you use other liquids such as fruit juices and/or dilute cordials etc.
Should this happen please follow these simple steps to make it both safe and usable.
- Half fill the Thirsty Milo with clean warm water and add two tablespoons (30 mls) of baking soda. (CAUTION. due to thermal transfer the bowl can be become VERY HOT if the contents are hot)
- Screw the cap on securely and give the bowl a shake. (CAUTION. Take care not to scald yourself with hot water)
- Remove the cap to allow the gases produced in the chemical exchanges taking place to escape.
- Leave the Thirsty Milo (with cap off) to rest for 30 min's while the solution does its cleaning thing.
- After 30 minutes wash your Thirsty Milo as per general cleaning instructions.
- Some discolouration may remain after this process though your Thirsty Milo is safe to use.
Beach, Desert and grit.
In certain areas, particularly in the desert or sandy, gritty environments such as the beach, grit and particles can infiltrate into the screw thread and o-ring seating. This could cause temporary and in extreme cases permanent damage and prevent an effective seal when tightening the cap and subsequently loose water.
- Ensure there are no grit and particles in the bowl or cap thread before closing and tightening
- Rinse aperture and screw thread with water if required.
- Remove any foreign debris with a cloth or soft brush as required.
- Check o-ring and surfaces for damage.
- To avoid any damage to electronics, other items or materials that may be adversely affected by water, you should never store your Thirsty Milo with any of these items in the unlikely event of incorrect closure, seal damage, seal failure.
- We don't recommend it.
- Do not Microwave with the top on. it could explode
- You may injure and/or damage your dog's mouth/tongue by serving him/her hot/boiling water.
- CAUTION. due to thermal transfer the bowl can be become VERY HOT if the contents are hot
Freezing (and use in sub zero temperatures).
- We don't recommend it.
- Your dog won't be able to drink frozen water.
- You may injure and/or damage your dog's mouth/tongue by serving him/her frozen water.
- Do not free when full as expansion could cause the bowl/cap/seal to rupture causing permanent damage.
- Only fill 3/4's full if placing in the freezer to allow expansion..
- The best option may be to place some crushed ice in then top up as required.
Thirsty Milo and Air Travel.
- If taking the thirsty milo in cabin luggage it will require emptying to comply with aviation authority regulations.
- If storing in your "check in" luggage, the air pressure differentials created in the hold during flight can create low pressure within the bowl (if the cap is in place). This can make the cap very difficult to unscrew. You should empty of all water, wipe dry and pack with the cap fully unscrewed.
Materials and recycling.
We're hoping the Thirsty Milo will give you and your pets years of trouble free service but when the time comes to part ways you can be safe in the knowledge that the cap and bowl can be recycled.
- Bowl is manufactured out of food grade High Density Poly Ethylene, is safe for recycling and has a resin identification code of 2. It is the most often recycled plastic and is "down cycled" into tables, roadside curbs, benches, truck liners, waste receptacles, rulers and more..
- Cap is manufactured out of food grade Polypropylene, is safe for recycling and has a resin identification code of 5.
- The bowl and the cap can be placed in household recycling bins.
- The seal is, at this time not easily recyclable and is to be disposed of in general household waste. However please feel free to utilise in any innovative way you desire.
The Thirsty Milo® Portable Dog Water Bowl and H20 to go® is protected in both trademark and design. Registered Trade Marks: GB 2563957 and GB 2604899. Patent Num: GB 4917807 and GB 4017808.
Community Design Registration Num: 0018 18329-0001 and 0018 18329-0002. USA Patent App Num: 29/385,567.